Re: Rubber Bumper MGB-GT Rover V8 Question -Reply

To: "David F. Darby" <dfdarby@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper MGB-GT Rover V8 Question -Reply
From: edward <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 20:13:20 -0500
David F. Darby wrote:

> Don't know where you are located, but I don't believe that MGB-GTs were
> imported to the U.S. after 1975. I understand that in the U.K.
> rubber-nosed GTs are cheap.
>
> Regards,
>
> David F. Darby
> Missouri, USA
> 1967 MGB-GT (see it on page 8, current MGB DRIVER)

Purely out of academic interest, does anyone out there know what might
happen, if on my next trip back to the U.K., I buy a rubber bumper car,
shove it in a large box, stick a label on it with my address here in
Pa., pay a shipper to do his stuff, and fly back home to await
developments/delivery?

I have friend in the U.K. who 2 years ago bought a rubber bumper MGB
had it returned to chrome bumper specs., and had the V8 engine
shoehorned into it. To use a British vulgarism, it goes like s**t off a
shiny shovel.  He has now become bored with it, and it would certainly
do my ego no end of good to get it over here and enjoy it.  Sadly, I
suppose it probably would contravene just about every regulation made
since the demise of Abingdon.