Re: 1500 Midget Distributor

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget Distributor
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 23 Nov 96 01:13:06 EST
Trevor,

Bob makes a good point, when your electronic ignition quits working so does your
car.  I keep my old points/condenser in my trunk, so far I haven't had to use
them.

Larry

====================================
Message text written by Bob Hamilton

>        My '79 1500 was changed by the PO to a points distributor and I
think I'll keep it that way. It will never let me down unexpectedly
and if it starts to act up, I can easily tune it up on the spot.
I still have the original electronic one but not sure if it works
either. There must have been a reason for replacing it.

        Maybe I'm old fashioned but if I were you, I'd stick with
the points.

Regards,
Bob
<