Re: Nothing like the drive (pride of ownership)

To: pbailey@qnet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nothing like the drive (pride of ownership)
From: OSCALETA99@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 20:52:38 -0500
Not sure where the HI desert is bit it sounds a lot like Connecticut in the
worst of ways .I grew up in England and was taught at my fathers knee the
etiquette of MG ownership (he had a 32 and a 48) . Having made the voyage to
the new world, and once established enough to resume my MG career, I imagined
things would be at least simillar...NFW! - apart from club members (and
mecifully they ARE plentiful) one usually only gets acknowledgement from T
class owners- they tend to be older and perhaps remember more. . .. Many Bs
appear to be (as PB observes) cheap convertibles for the little woman or the
kids ("what is it?....Italian I think " - i heard this in Caldors parking lot
from a lady driving a red B abt 75-76) - agreed, this type of owner may part
readily with the car, but more likely to the ads that say "top prices for
your junk cars" -  and in CT they go from the hook to the crusher in the same
afternoon.
Keep the etiquette alive, there is (for me) a great pleasure in
acknowldgement from a fellow nutter - in face, Im even trying to train my
colleague(a spit owner) to join in...

mike robson
69 roadster
72 roadster