Frozen handbrake

Subject: Frozen handbrake
From: Eric Murphy <73042.3347@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 23 Nov 96 20:45:22 EST
        Heres the problem. The DPO of my 75 B had it parked for an extended
period of time, I'm told. The handbrake is immoveable. I mean it appears to be
permanantely stuck in the up position. That's with the parking brake engaged.
Upon disassembly, it's clear the handle side is frozen/rusted to the collar and
plate that attaches to the body. Liquid Wrench has been unsuccessful so far, as
has a vise. Any suggestions? I'm going to keep trying, but eventualy I'll have
to buy a new one if I can't free it.  Thanks in advance.

         Eric Murphy     73042.3347@Compuserve.com