Re: MG Heater Tip & Question!

To: gumby@joshuanet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Heater Tip & Question!
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 09:08:24 +0800
I got my 2-speed heater fan motor and fan housing from a junk yard in
Southern California, but I don't know what year it came from. As I
recall, the fan motors are all pretty much the same. There's a little
thing (a techno term I frequently use) inside the fan housing which
determines which speed the motor turns. It could be a resistor. You
could probably get a similar result from your present fan motor by
using a reostat switch. I went to an electronics shop and bought a
3-way (on-off-on) toggle switch to replace the 2-way toggle in the
dash of my '67 GT. They carried a line of switches which were a close
visual match to my original ones.

Regards,
Jerry Causey