Re: Fly-off Emergency Brake

To: cdelling@ic.net
Subject: Re: Fly-off Emergency Brake
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:06:48 -0500

<<  I was reading a history of MGA last
 night, and reference was made to a Fly-Off brake handle.  O.K., here is
 the stupid question - what is a fly-0ff brake handle? >>
  A Fly-Off hand brake is one that is designed to work 180 from the original
or standard hand brake.  That is. to lock the handbrake on, the button must
be depressed. Slightly lifting the handle released the lock. If the handle is
pulled without pressing the button, the hand brake doesn not lock.
  It was orignally designed as an option for rallying in Europe, so
facilitate hand-brake turns.  The hand brake would not lock in the on
position without deliberate intention by the operator.
  BTW  BL Special Tuning offered the parts to convert the standard hand brake
to a Fly-Off. If I remember correctly, in consisted of a new locking pawl and
lever.

Rick Morrison
(I only fly off the handle on the eve of the full moon - apologies to Lon
Chaney Jr.!)