Re: Would somebody please slap me....

To: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>, Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Would somebody please slap me....
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 12:45:20 -0600
Lane Rollins wrote:

> Thank god I don't currently have any SO. I bought an MGC GT this weekend
> at an auction.

Lucky you. Will you tell me how much?

> Also does anybody know the normal rear end is? I'm kind of wondering if
> I'm running on a B rear end. The speedo said I was doing a hundred, I
> would guess really it was about 65. Or again maybe it's got a B speedo
> in it. Does anybody now the correct part number for a C speedo? Or what
> the correct ratio it should be? Part of the difference is going to be
> due to the 14" wheels but that seems like to much of a difference for
> just wheels.

A stock C/GT with 4-speed/OD had 3.70 rear end. Some very early examples
had 3.07. 'B' rear ends are 3.90. It's easy to tell if you have a 'C'
speedometer. Look at the numbers on the face of the speedometer. If they
end at 140, it's a 'C' speedometer. #8~)

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT

PS: You got much for spare bits? I'm looking for...

1) There is a stamped metal piece that goes over the top of the radiator?
   A rubber seal fits over it to seal air going over the top of the
   radiator.
2) A rebuidable left front disk brake caliber.
3) A plastic blade radiator fan assembly
4) A set of 3.70 rear-end gears.
5) A good set of parking/turn signal lights with dual bulbs and
   amber/white lenses.