Re: Holy Matrimony

To: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Holy Matrimony
From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 22:57:01 -0500 (EST)
I have written about this before. Barbara knew I was into cars before we
married, but not lbc.  The TD came right after our first son, and she tolerated
it. With our first GOF , she found that she had a good time because MG people
are friendly and less put on than the owners of other more expensive classic
cars.

Over the years her interest and intelligence became respected in the groups and
events we attended. Although she finds the MGs cute, she doesn't drive
them.(can't drive stick, and will not learn) But the hobby has become hers, in
some respects more than mine. She is National  co-ordinator for local chapters
for the NEMGT Register, and Newsletter editor for our New Jersey Chapter.

When I arrive at a GOF or other events, no one says hello Mike, they say
"where's Barbara?"  On the few occations when she has not been with me, I get
that worried look that something is wrong between us or she is not well.

I always marvel at the way things worked out, and those on the list who know
us,
understand what I am saying. To Barbara, a car is a thing you put into D and it
better get her there. Yet the MG hobby is her favorite pastime. Lucky ain't I?

Mike