Re: MGA Mk II Master Cylinder

To: dmeadow@flash.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Mk II Master Cylinder
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 09:10:09 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-29 23:04:50 EST, dmeadow@flash.net (David
Littlefield) writes:

<< HELP!

 My problem is that I can't find the proper replacement seals.
 Can anyone help with suggestions as to where to find proper seals? >>

David,

Could someone have put a single cylinder master cylinder on your car from an
early MGB of the '62 - '67 era? I don't know a lot about MGAs but, the peddle
box is similar.

There are two versions, this holds true with later "B"s too with dual
cylinders. The way to tell which kit to order is to look at the end of the MC
where the brake line attaches. The difference is that one has a little
concentric circle mark on it, the other does not. They are part numbers
7-120, $4.35 and 7-237, $9.85 in Victoria British catalog. Sounds like for
$20 you could find out (and return them if they don't work out).

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget