Re: MGs and Porsches

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGs and Porsches
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 13:22:47 -0800
>"I had just finished speaking to the MG club in Portland, Ore., when an
>attractive young woman sidled up to me and whispered, 'I've got a terrible
>secret to tell you.'
>
>'I've owned MGs for nearly all my driving life, and I race an E-Production
>MGB,' she confided.  'But exactly 29 days ago, I bought a Porsche 944.'
>
>'It was cheap, it's faster than any English car I've ever owned, at least 5
>times as comfortable, and probaly 10 times as reliable.  Am I going soft?'

Ah that would by Pat Snyder.... She had been using a BGT for a daily
driver, I think since new. It was time to give the car a rest. By the way
as a driver she kicks butt. A couple years ago she was running 2nd place
point wise, that was until she was hit by a 510 in a race. The B went end
over end, but she walked away from it. Hopefully Kenny will have the new
race car finished for next year.  This last year she borrowed somebody
elses B to race one weekend took 2nd in the first race. Kieth Ansell
twidled a little with the carbs to get it running better and she won the
second race.

Cheers, Lane