Re: MGs and Porsches

To: BarneyMG@aol.com, mowogmg@dynanet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGs and Porsches
From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 20:59:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, BarneyMG@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 96-12-03 14:43:44 EST, mowogmg@dynanet.com (Kai Radicke)
>writes:
>
><< I too am thinking about buying a 944, 928, or cheap 911.  I think it would
>be a better car to drive to school everyday that my MGB which may not be
>finished in 3 years.  I also think some people may like it a little better.
>>>

>You may want to check into the prices of service parts before you get too
>carried away.
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA

I really don't want this to become a 944 discussion group, but we keep ours
running by dealing with aftermaket and discount dealers who advertise in
Hemmings. Sometimes the parts are a third of what the dealers want. This goes
for any car.

I have a 75 Jaguar XJC  ( the coupe.)  I don't really care for it , but it is
rare. A couple of years ago I developed a leak in the Master Cylinder.  The
Local Jag. dealer wanted $350 for the part. A mile away the local foreign car
discount store wanted $225. I looked in Hemmings, and saw an add for $110.  All
were for the same orig. equip. part.

Mike Leckstein