MGB Battery

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Battery
From: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 96 13:21:56 PST
     Hello again;

     I have a group 26 12v battery in my 1970 MGB that my DPO put into the
     car.  Unfortunately, she had somebody hacksaw the edge of one of the
     battery bins and bend the flap up in order to fit the battery in.

     Obviously, it would be nice to fix this heinous hack.  Here's where my
     question comes in:  I've heard that a group 26 battery is supposed to
     fit in the stock bin without modification.  Do the group 26's really
     fit the early style of MGB battery bins?  Is there an even smaller
     battery that would fit?

     Also, anyone have ideas on how I should repair the hacksawed flap of
     metal?  I could just beat it back down with a hammer, but I may just
     be adding one hack to another...

     Thanks,

     Michael Lytton
     michael.lytton@sierra.com