New name/MGA tires

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New name/MGA tires
From: Jaguar120@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 18:26:45 -0500
Hi all,
I'm the former PoleCat37 of the infamous aol.com.  I got tired of my screen
name so I switched to something more BC oriented (I'm not sure if an XK120
qualifies for the L or not).  Anyway, I stopped by Tire America to see about
getting some Dunlop SP20 radials for the MGA (as per previous advice given on
this list), and the clerk did not have the size for the MGA in his little
book.  What size of radial fits the MGA?  In addition, I believe the wire
wheels may need to be trued as well, but I'm not sure.  Is there any way to
check and see if they need to be trued?  Can I do it myself? Should it be
done before of after the new tires are put on (and the old are taken off)?

Any advice greatly appreciated,
John
'57 MGA coupe (just finishing resto)
'53 Jaguar XK120 (just starting resto)