Re: Finally!!!!A new car is coming. REALLY LONG!

To: kenregen@postoffice.ptd.net
Subject: Re: Finally!!!!A new car is coming. REALLY LONG!
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 15:14:05 EST
On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 13:45:20 -0500 ken regenfuse
<kenregen@postoffice.ptd.net> writes:
>To Anyone that is Interested:
>For months I have been looking for a new LBC. All I really wanted was
>really nice MGA. Not much,,,,,   etc

Congratulations Ken- - whilst Im a "B" man myself theres a certain
something about the AH3000 that tells me there will likely come a
day......!

I have been off the list during the AOL "crisis" and had not seen your
earlier postings looking for an A - which is something of a pity since a
friend of mine (who also does all the mechanical work on my cars that Im
either too frightened of or dont have the tools for) is selling his 1961
MGA coupe. This car is a "ground up" restoration, stored in a barn for
who knows how long. It has been done "professionally" is in 100A1
mechanical shape with a great off white paint job. to finish it properly,
it needs refinishing of the wire wheels (cleaned but not repainted -
still with original tyres as well!) and a FULL interior refurbish (seats
are original but need serious restitching, needs panelling, mats etc
headliner ok but needs reattaching at the back)
My friend is asking $6000 which he swears is less than he has in the car.
I priced the interior restoration for him and figure about $1500 needed
to really do the right thing!
 - He's not prepared to put this in himself  (even told him Id do it for
free if he got the parts - I hate unfinished jobs!!) and i cant say Im an
expert as to whether this is a good price for a "fine" but not concourse
example.
If anyone is interested Ill gladly put them in touch - I have no
financial interest in it myself but i guess if i find him a buyer, i
might get a break on lifes next "little crisis!!!!"

mike robson
69 roadster
72 roadster
73 BGT