Re: MGB, 1975, Silver Anniv. Ed.

To: car@texas.net
Subject: Re: MGB, 1975, Silver Anniv. Ed.
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 15:14:05 EST
On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 03:05:54 -0600 (CST) car@texas.net (Carol) writes:

>Thanks to ALL who replied to my plea for assistance!
>
>However. I guess I hit the "send" key a bit too soon!! Alas....!
>And...dammit!
>
>The car was sold to the first caller on the ad!! No kidding... Heck,

>But... I'm going to call the seller again to see if he'll give me the
>buyer's name and number! With any luck, it's a cousin! The ad was in a
>"small-town" paper. Good place to look for ads!
>
>Now...for my next $$ question...if the new buyer is willing to
>sell...what's
>the top-$$ limit IF the car isn't a rust bucket??
>
>Thanks....Carol
>
>(Hey! If it's outof the limits of my budget (wouldnl't take much!!),
>I'd
>certainly be happy to write a check for it and hang on to it for
>somebody
>who can afford it....! Maybe I can afford the 'updated' price and
>maybe I
>can't!  If I get the number of the buyer and can contact *it* I'll
>post the
>results.)
Carol,
without knowing the overall condirtion of the beast its really hard to
tell what its worth however, if its sound (doesnt need floor, rockers
etc)and if the paintwork is servicable (this is REALLY important on this
model since its frankly the biggest difference from any old 75 BGT) then
the best guidance i can give you is that one sold in CT this summer for
$7500 in tip-top shape and i have seen one other at $3000 in ok condition
(the guy decided not to sell after getting about 40 phone calls)
Both were RHD cars - I have never seen a LHD one and im not sure if any
were made - even Porter is "mute" on that point.
Good luck, my guess is the guy who bought it has an "ear to ear" right
now - lets hope he doesnt have any chickens!!

mike robson
69 roadster (one of 19,050)
72 roadster (one of 26,192)
73 BGT        (one of 10,218)