RE: '76B fuel pump problems

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: '76B fuel pump problems
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:17:00 -0800 (PST)
check your ground
Chris Reichle
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: '76B fuel pump problems
Date: Monday, December 16, 1996 3:31PM

Hi all,

 I have a problem getting my B running (that sounds really original)!

 Scenario:
 I drove it to a body & fender shop for dent removal and painting- in
 mid September.  I'm a merchant seaman and was gone for about two months.
 My wife went to pay the bill and drive the car home approx the 2nd week
 of Oct and the car wouldn't start.  It came home on  the end of a tow
 truck.
 When I arrived about mid-November, it would try to start; good starter
 action, I recharged the battery, but no THUMP THUMP THUMP from the fuel
 pump.  I checked for power to the terminal and it was there.   Soooo,  I
 figured the pump had crapped out.
 Well, I changed the pump out last night and nothing different occurred.
 So, has anyone been thought something similar to this?
 If so, I'd really appreciate any pointers, tips, hints, better guesses,
etc.
 I haven't rolled up my sleeves yet to really tear into this problem.
 Thought
 I'd check with this list first.

 To put it in a word,   HHHHEEELLLPPP!!!

 Hez of the Pacific NW