Re: MGB books

To: Dustin Howarth <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Subject: Re: MGB books
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 17:04:24 -0600
Dustin Howarth wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I need to call on the vast wisdom of the list for recommendations
> about a good MGB book that gives detailed descriptions of
> changes made with each and model year.  I guess I would like
> something that covers MGCs as well, so maybe a more general MG
> book?  Maybe both?

> While I'm at it, do most of you B'ers use the Bentley Factory Manual
> or Haynes Workshop Manual?  I'm guessing that the Bentleys is
> worth the extra money, but I wanted some advice before I plunged!

Dustin -
        The best I've found for the changes is Anders Ditlev Clausager's
'Original MGB'.  It covers the MGB, MGC, the GT versions, as well as the
MGB GT V8.  Details, colors, etc by year and production numbers.

The Haynes Workshop Manual is fair, but Robert Bentley's 'Complete
Official MGB" is far and away the better of the two.
--
Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
1979 MGB        http://web2.airmail.net/wkube