Re: MGB books

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB books
From: John Steunenberg <steuny@nornet.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 20:36:03 -0500
alpha.nornet.on.ca (8.6.9/8.6.9) with ESMTP id SAA09699 for
<steuny@nornet.on.ca>; Sat, 28 Dec 1996 18:10:05 -0500
with SMTP id QAA08613; Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:17:35 -0700 (MST)
SAA08287 for mgs-outgoing; Sat, 28 Dec 1996 18:04:31 -0500 (EST)
>Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 17:04:24 -0600
>From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
>To: Dustin Howarth <howarth@pulsenet.com>
>CC: mgs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: MGB books
>Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net
>
>Dustin Howarth wrote:
>>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I need to call on the vast wisdom of the list for recommendations
>> about a good MGB book that gives detailed descriptions of
>> changes made with each and model year.  I guess I would like
>> something that covers MGCs as well, so maybe a more general MG
>> book?  Maybe both?
>
>> While I'm at it, do most of you B'ers use the Bentley Factory Manual
>> or Haynes Workshop Manual?  I'm guessing that the Bentleys is
>> worth the extra money, but I wanted some advice before I plunged!
>>

>Dustin -
>       The best I've found for the changes is Anders Ditlev Clausager's
>'Original MGB'.  It covers the MGB, MGC, the GT versions, as well as the
>MGB GT V8.  Details, colors, etc by year and production numbers.
>
>The Haynes Workshop Manual is fair, but Robert Bentley's 'Complete
>Official MGB" is far and away the better of the two.
>--
>Wayne Kube     wkube@iadfw.net
>1979 MGB       http://web2.airmail.net/wkube
>Plano, TX
>NAMGBR UK Site http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr/index.html
>NAMGBR Us Site http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/namgbr/index.html

    Dustin ( In case you wanted a second opinion )

    I would have to agree with Wayne. Clausager's book is outstanding!! This
book will tell you anything you ever wanted to know about the MGB. I would
also suggest getting in purchasing a Bentley manual I have both and use the
Bentley far more often..

  Dan Steunenberg
  67 MGB
  Safety Fast Motoring !!