RE: epoxy primer

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: epoxy primer
From: Mike <mikemurphy@iw1.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 22:44:01 -0500
A local autobody paint shop recommended PPG DP-40 primer. The claim is =
that it bonds to the metal better.  The PPG rep told me I should put the =
primer on before any fiberglass because the fiberglass will bond better =
to the paint than the metal and thus form a stronger bond.

So far I have painted one of my wings and the application was quick and =
easy.  You need to have a pneumatic sprayer for best results.  I haven't =
tried fiberglass on it yet.

Mike Murphy

'66 Midget under restoration
'78 B - hers