Re: epoxy primer

To: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Subject: Re: epoxy primer
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 23:21:58 -0800
Vince J. Pujalte wrote:

> R.,
>   Should'nt this be a good Epoxy-Specific respirator, rather than a mask?
>
> -Vince "I am working on a Master's in Nursing" Pujalte
>
> RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Don,
> >
> > I use PPG epoxy primer DP401 / DP48. Highly recommend it. Be sure to wear a
> > good mask though. It's rather toxic.
> >
> > R. Johnson - Dallas
> >
> > '90 maine Coon
> > '79 Midget
> > '76 Midget
> > '73 MGB

Hey Vince...Jim Boyd in Paradise!

3M makes a great disposbale respirator that I wear whenever I use ANY
paint product that doesn't come out of an aerosol can!

It costs about $30.00 and will work for quite some time.  You have to
keep it stored in the original zip lock bag to get the maximum life out
of it. I didn't think that it made a difference until I took it off
right after spraying some epoxy primer on a car...YES, Virginia, those
filters do make a difference!

Cheers!

Jim Boyd