Loud Midgets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Loud Midgets
From: FunE4MG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 10:56:57 -0500
Today it was 70 degrees at 9 am and my wife took the Bugeye to work.  It has
a hot little 1275 with a 13" glasspack muffler.  I heard her wind it out in
3rd and make the shift to 4th.  I've driven the route she takes to work and
know this distance (shift point) to be about 2 miles from the house(OK about
1.1 as the crow flys). It could be that it was especially clear today or that
the car plays wonderful auditory music to my ears.  As Rick says, you
definitely feel faster when you can hear the exhaust and you do need the
noise if you're low and small.  There's no telling how many times the exhaust
note has caused people who are othjerwise oblivious, to look around and say
to themselves, "Where is that coming from?", then they see the car. They
probably would have missed a quiet Midget.
Find a happy compromise with the db level and the local constable. If all
else fails, watch for the noise police and lift off when you spot him. This
time of year they all have their windows closed anyway.
Good luck in your search.
Tom Zylla
Georgetown TX