Re: Making my car level.

To: Larryhoy@aol.com, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: Making my car level.
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 10:07:53 -0500
In a message dated 97-01-04 19:55:42 EST, Larryhoy@aol.com writes:

<< Ah Ray, I hate to correct you but I believe that your expanation about the
 factory fix for the driver side droop is only partally correct.  It is my
 understanding that the factory only put the larger size tires on the chrome
 bumper cars.  On the later rubber bumper cars the correct fix it adjusting
 the tire pressure to level the car.  If I'm mistaken please let me know.

 Larry
 1969 MGB
 ============================
 In a message dated 97-01-04 12:52:59 EST, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu (W.
 R. Gibbons) writes:

 > On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, James  wrote:
 >
 >  > I've noticed that my 77B droops a little bit on the drivers side.  Not
 >  > much, it's only about 3/4 inch lower than the passenger side, but it's
 > damn
 >  > annoying and just glares out at me every time I look at it now.  My
 >  > question is...what steps do I take in order to correct this problem.
  I've
 >  > never gotten into any suspension work before so any help would be
 >  > appreciated.
 >
 >  You must not have been on the list when I explained the cause of this
 >  problem.  MG's came from the factory with 3/4 inch larger tires on the
 >  driver's side.  In that way, when the extra weight of the driver caused
 >  the driver's side to sag, the car would be level.  Some previous owner
 >  has mistakenly put the same size tires all round.
 >
 >     Ray Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
 >                  Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
 >                  gibbons@north >>

To all,

I trust no new member who just joined the list takes us too seriously.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget