Re: MG comraderie

To: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Subject: Re: MG comraderie
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 07:35:37 -0500
Paul,
  This sounds like the part of North Carolina where I grew up, excepting
that the cars were Fords etc.. with the odd VW thrown in. For the most part,
British car owners generally gave each other a wave, or thumbs up, when
meeting -- often followed by a bit of 'dicing' if headed in the same
direction. Now a days, however, I often find myself waving to no
acknowledgement. I have figured out that many of the non-wavers are youngish
and new to the LBC scene and the retreat of British manufactured cars from
these shores has disrupted the continuity comradeship. On the other hand,
sometimes I'm in the Interceptor and they don't know its a British car.
Including one guy in an Austin Healey who asked me what it was. I told him,
and also informed him that Jensen actually built many of the big Healey
bodies -- next time I saw him, he waved.
 Michael, New Bern, NC