Re: MG comraderie

To: "Syl's Sydney Homestay" <homestay@infolearn.com.au>
Subject: Re: MG comraderie
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 09:44:08 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Syl's Sydney Homestay wrote:

> A special wave was developed by some individual marques acknowledging each
> other's presence when passing. MG in particular - one finger off the wheel
> - ever so slightly.
>
> This undoubtdly helped bind the drivers of marque models together.
>
> Maybe this didn't happen so much in America? Could that be part of it?
>
> Paul

Here in rural Vermont, USA, drivers on country roads often wave in that
restrained way.  When I lived in Chicago, Illinois, drivers also gave
each other a one-fingered wave, but that was different, more vigorous,
and I suspect the intention was different.

WRG

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910