Distributor Rebuild?

To: MG Freaks <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor Rebuild?
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@seven.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: 14 Jan 1997 11:53:36 -0500
I'm about to reassemble my 1275 which I took apart to have the head
rebuilt.  This is a '70 Midget (is there a Spridget list by chance?).
Anyway, before I pulled the head, the idle was always a bit erratic.
I know this could be the carbs or the distributor.  What I want to
know is, is there a way to tell (before I put it back together) if the
distributor is bad?  Any preventative/cleaning maintenance I can do?
I'd like to stem off any potential problems NOW rather than in the
middle of the summer.

Yours,
--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>