Re: Fuel Delivery Pressure

To: cadyxrh@ctxix.sod.eds.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Delivery Pressure
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:32:15 EST
On Tue, 14 Jan 97 12:33:01 PST "Richard H. Cady"
<cadyxrh@ctxix.sod.eds.com> writes:
>Rodney McDonald wrote:
>
>>my brother, also an LBC'er. He has an aftermarket
>>fuel pump on his '76 'B that is delivering 7psi. Will this >delivery
>pressure
>>cause rich running? He has installed recently rebuilt SU HIF 4 >carbs
>and
>has
>>them leaned out all the way and it still runs rich. He has the >SU
>fuel
>pump
>>and intends to rebuild and install it. I'd like to convince him >to
>do it
>>before we set out for the New Orleans British Car Festival in >March.
>Thanks
>>in advance for all assistance rendered.
>
>Rodney,
>
>The fuel pressure of 7 psi is too high for SU's.  Electronic fuel
>pumps with
>a pressure of 3 psi are available, or a fuel pressure regulator could
>be
>used to solve the problem. Rebuilding the SU pump of course would take
>care
>of it.
>
>Rich
>'70 MGB Roadster

After getting though two expensive SU pumps last season and eventually
putting in a $40 mazda pump Im truly sorry, but the only way to go is
modern on this piece - the mazda pump  is totally reliable and heck - who
sees it!!

mike robson
69 roadster (SU pump)
70 BGT (not sure - old, but not an SU - working, so probably NOT an SU!)
72 roadster (mazda pump)
itself - (doesnt need a pump!)
72 roadster