Re: Miscellaneous questions...

To: mpowell@cstone.net
Subject: Re: Miscellaneous questions...
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:19:01 EST
On Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:06:36 -0500 mpowell@cstone.net (Mike Powell)
writes:
>Hi everyone,
>I'm in the process of replacing the clutch on my '74 B roadster, and =
>have a few questions I thought I'd pose to the list.
>1)  What color is the engine supposed to be?  My block is currently =
>black, the head is orange, and the valve cover is black (it's pretty =
>hideous).  I had an '80 B in high school and seem to remember the
>whole =
>thing being black.  Is this right?  I'd like to paint it while I have
>it =
>out.

Providing its an 18V series (which it should be) it should be black - all
over

>maybe this would be a good excuse to buy a header?    :-)

Be careful - Dont know the laws in VA but here in repressive Connecticut
you can only fit headers to 67 or earlier models or you wont pass the
exams!!!!

mike robson
69 roadster (light blue engine with no number but totally "toxed" with
perfect compression and 80lb oil pressure)
70 BGT (maroon engine)
72 roadster (was once maroon - now black and the fastest of the 3 by
far!!)
70 BGT (