Re: mg prices.

To: <wkchapm@gil.com.au>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <Cancola@aol.com>
Subject: Re: mg prices.
From: "Kosten Metreweli" <kmetrewe@www.rens.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:58:49 -0000
Don't worry, even here in the UK, MGs are much more expensive than in the
States. I suppose they received the lion's share of the cars when they were
produced, so there are simply more around. Tax on cars is also pretty high
in the UK. In response to Bill, who mentioned he'd heard of people shipping
cars from the States to the UK - my car is is an ex-California '60 MGA -
and rust free (at least for the moment). Mind you, I've been told that
shipping a classic car from the States to the UK is an expensive business,
and at the end of the day, you can expect to pay an extra 50% of the value
of the car.

Regards,

Kosten