Re: mg prices.

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: mg prices.
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 21:53:33 EST
Been watching the price thread for the last week or so - I certainly
agree that we in the U.S. enjoy the benefit of the greatest supply and
perforce the lowest prices however whilst in the UK jest recently i
looked at ads in  several areas and didnt think the cars were too pricy
-but like anything - shop around, there are bargains and then there are
rip offs -  for example

MG enthusiast has 15 pages of classifieds from dealers and from private
individuals and i can see numerous cars for most tastes/requirements
(all prices sterling - roe about 1.75usd)

68 MGCGT auto - (how much rarer than that) allegedly no rust for 4150
73 MGBGT 55k - pic looks imaculate 4500
74 BGT V8 - CONCOURSE 51k  9300

various project card in the 1000-2000 bracket

average roadster prices at dealers 5000 - 6000 for chrome, about 4000 for
rubber
GTs not much different

I went to see a very late 80 model advertised in a local paper - the car
was in fair to good/cond with full 12 month mot  - overall a bit tired
but not tatty - asking 1800 but before we even looked at it the guy said
hed take 1500 - (i never admitted i was on vacation though - for
shame.....)

in other words, whilst i guess the US is perhaps 25-30 percent cheaper,
shop around, theyre out there!! - the dealer on Kilburn High road must
have at least 20 to choose from - and all unrestored!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster