Re: Dan Hughes

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: Dan Hughes
From: Geoff Love <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 11:47:37 -0500
Ross MacPherson wrote:

> Hey listers!
>
> I think we should all take a moment to make Dan feel welcome and at home
>again.
>
> I hadn't seen his name on the list lately and thought perhaps we'd been too
> hard on him.  Seems he's been here all along, taking snide remarks and
> coming back for more.  I respect and admire his ability to take shots and
> evaluate them for what they are.  Every one has a different opinion of what
> humour is.  I don't think I need tell any on this list that sometimes those
> opinions conflict.  Ask yourself if YOU would be able to take the ribbing
> Dan has and come back for more.  Now THAT'S an enthusiast.
>
> I for one want to publicly state that I admire Dan's ability to take a punch
> and to roll with it.  As I said in a private e-mail to him;  he's  become a
> part of MG history.  Not many of us can say that.
>
> Go for it, Dan! (When are you taking your next vacation?)
>    ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
>   / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
> /  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
>  1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT

Yes, I agree.  I am sure that incident was entirely accidental.  I for
one, being a complete beginner at this computer thing, and being in
total awe of it, am terrified of making such an electronic error. I
would dislike intensly being publically castigated in the manner
accorded to Mr. Hughes and would like him to know my sentiments.  If I
e-mail this epistle, do you think he will get it?  Is he in his office?

Geoff Love, The English Connection.