Re: S.U.s or Webers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: S.U.s or Webers
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J Pokrefke)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 12:55:53 EST
Dave -

True enough the SU look better and perform better.  In my case, however,
they were far from practical.  With frequent fluctuations in
temperatures, the SU's were impossible to keep in tune.

Case in point:  When I drove back home for Christmas, I had the top down
at 11 pm.  The temperature was a balmy 68 degrees.  When I left 2 days
later, the temp had nose-dived into the 30's.  When I got on the highway,
I had to pull out the choke to keep the mixture rich enough to go 65mph
(of course I stopped and fixed he problem at the next exit...).

Perhaps the Weber won't let me down.  Even if I never have to touch it, I
still have plenty left to work on to keep the "grease under the
fingernail" look.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB  (relax all...the wire wheels stayed silver)
thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

p.s. --  FWIW - I have the SU's in a box in the trunk in case of Weber
failure