Re: S.U.s or Webers

To: drded@ix.netcom.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: S.U.s or Webers
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 17:02:54 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-19 10:57:22 EST, drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
writes:

<< I my humble opinion, I'd prefer a good pair of SUs any day of the week.

David,

I agree, at least from the standpoint that I have had good service from my
HIF's for nearly ten years of everyday driving. A friend says it's because I
drive the car everyday. I don't know if that's so or not. Incidently, he also
says I'm one of many persons he has known that had an MG but, I'm the only
one he has known that drives one. I counted that a complement.

The only real problem I had was a leaky float about eight years ago and a
major rebuild at the same time.  In 90,000 miles (since I,ve had the car),
that ain't too bad. The only other problem was when I installed Grose jets,
which came back off in favor of the stock viton tipped jets a couple of
months later. But that's another story (and another thread)...

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget