Re: S.U.s or Webers

To: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: S.U.s or Webers
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 15:25:51 -0500 (EST)
At 07:53 AM 1/19/97 -0800, David Deutsch wrote:
>Hey we have to discuss something.
>
>I my humble opinion, I'd prefer a good pair of SUs any day of the week.
>I understand that a single Weber may be less mantenance but one of my
>joys of MG ownership is the occasional "grease under the finger nails"
>look. I think the SUs will out perform the Weber downdraft in the
>acceleration and top end departments.
>
>I had a Mikuni side draft on one of my Bs and was happy with it,
>although if fuel economy is a concern, forget that route.
>
>I would not hesitate to replace a Stromberg with a Weber downdraft.
>This would be an improvement but I would still rather go to SUs.
>
>I always like saying to friends, at car shows "did you see the pair on
>that one over there?"  Usually within ear shot of prudeish looking
>woman. Ok Ok, so I'll be crude on occasion but I did take exception to
>the latest stuff about me being "rude" :-)
>
>Someone made a comment about cost of rebuilt SUs less than Weber set
>up. With out a doudt. Joe Curto(718-762-SUSU) is doing them for around
>$275. If you keep your eyes peeled every so often you can grab a new
>pair for around $300 on a Moss "super sale"
>
>This is one of those personal preference topics. The only way to
>conclude this topic is to say, "to each, his (or her)own)".
>Safety Fast, David (working hard to be kinder) Deutsch

Ya know that the last paragraph of the above really sums up the whole thing
with MG's! We all have our personal preferences when it comes to our cars.
Some won't drive except when the sun is high in the sky others drive all
year round.  Some like webers others prefer SU's so lets all just continue
to share info and experiences of keeeping these cars on the road.

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.