Re: Saving messages - No LBC content

To: DGeis@aol.com
Subject: Re: Saving messages - No LBC content
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:19:16 -0700 (MST)
>I'm not the most computer literate person in the world, and my system may be
>more ponderous than necessary, but this is the way I do it:  (1) I save the
>mesage into my "Automobile" folder in the appropriate category sub-folder
>(Carburetor, Tires, Etc.,).  Then when I get time or inspiration I convert
>the message to a
>Claris Works  word processing document, reduce it to 10 point size, eliminate
>all the unnecessary material, edit the content if necessary, copy it, and
>paste it into another Claris Works Word processing document which is a sort
>of digest of all the messages on the subject that interest me.  I then delete
>the original message and the Claris Works copy I made of it.
>
>If someone has a better way of doing it I'd like to know it as my way is
>somewhat time consuming.
>
>Dave G.

I do something similar, but use the cut and paste feature built into
windows. When I see something I wish to save, I copy it to the windows
clipboard. Then I switch to my Codewrite window (a text editor I use, a word
processor could also be used) and paste it into a document I call MG.TXT .
The neat thing is I can search through MG.TXT for a key word or phrase. For
example I can search for the word tires if I want to find past articles
about tires. The only hitch is that your mail reader and word processor must
be window programs. This should also work with text copied from web pages,
but I haven't tried that yet.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 14 months and counting (the TD is winning)