Re: Sales Brouchere 1971< MGB

To: David_Moore@kaoinfo.com (David Moore), mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Sales Brouchere 1971< MGB
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 05:45:39 -0500 (EST)

_________________________________
>Subject: Sales Brouchere 1971< MGB
>Author:  David Langton <dlangton@bcinternet.com> at Internet_mail
>Date:    1/22/97 9:14 AM
>

>I require a photocopy or such printed data for a 1971 or earlier MGB showing
>wire wheels with the twin ear knock offs.  Our local insurance Corp. claim
>that the 2 ear knock off was not a factory item on a 1971 MGB with wire
>wheels (they will not say what was!) even though we all know that this was
>the only option other than bolt on steel wheels or works style wheels.  They
>require original factory proof that the two ear knock off was in fact
>available and stock on that year of MGB.  Anyone have one.  E-mail me for fax #
>

>David Langton
>Kelowna, BC Canada
>
>'67 MGB
>'70 MGB GT (project car)

Although I don't recall the source and of course it could be bogus, I
believe that the twin ear knockoffs were made illegal in this country in the
late 60's which of course if true goes a long way to support what is in
Clausagers book which I think most of us would agree is darn close to the
"bible" of MG.

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca