re LBC paints and export of cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re LBC paints and export of cars
From: crl@iafrica.com (C.R.LEAH)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 97 11:08:04 GMT
There has been some comment/queries on the list regarding the correct paint
colours for LBC's.
The latest UK magazine "Practical Classics", January 1997, which I picked up at
the newsagents today, mentions the restoration of a 1952 MG YB Saloon and the
fact that he obtained assistance from the ICI archives on the correct colour
for the car. I believe ICI would have been one of the main suppliers to British
motor manufacturers, so maybe some help can be got here. The telephone # given
is  +44 1449 773497. Hope this may be of some help.
In the same magazine, there is an article on importing cars into the UK, and if
my memory serves correctly (I deleted the digest), someone was asking about
this a short while ago.
A personal plea to Rick Morrison (sorry to bomb the list, but I don't have your
e-mail address)... my clumsy fingers deleted part 1 of your excellent humour on
owning an MG. Could you e-mail me a copy directly, and allow me to give it to
the editor of our local club magazine?
Regards
Chris Leah, Durban, South Africa
MGA 1600 196?