Re: Thanks and more questions

To: FOURoFOUR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Thanks and more questions
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 06:59:25 EST
On Fri, 24 Jan 1997 12:51:07 -0500 (EST) FOURoFOUR@aol.com writes:
>Thanks to all o nthe help of regisetring an 66 MGB in CA.  It dosnt
>see mt
>obe much of a problem.  In fact the hard part will be the $300 impact
>fee on
>my 95 Pon**ac.
>
>Now onto my next problem....Rust repair...specifically floor pans and
>rockers....I am torn as to what kind of welder to use...any
>sugesstions?  I
>am leaning to Oxy/actelyne..but MIG is easier to use....anyone done a
>rocker
>panel repair here and have some advise?
>
>I realise a new Body shell is the way to go, but I prefer my cars to
>be a
>little ratty.  That way I don't cry when it gets a little dinged.  ANd
>I am
>looking forward to the hell of body work!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Drew

I am personally something of a sissy when it comes to the Big Demolition
jobs - though i can usually suck it up and do all the cutting and
bashing.Welding is another "differently hued equuine"I have zero
experience of it apart from watching my engineer father who could(can)
use any type of equipment straight out of the box and make it look
professional. . . I did not receive this gene...
My solution has been to ask at the local technical school- there are
literally hundreds of young folk out there trying to learn a trade such
as welding and will jump at the chance of a "real" project to tackle.
They will almost always do it with great enthusiasm and diligence and i'd
much rather spend the money that way than on the surley bastard who still
hasnt aligned my door!! (wont get into that now - hehe)
I suggest you look into this, I have really enjoed collaborations with
kids like this and heck, we may even create afew enthusiasts!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster