Is it the beginning of th

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Is it the beginning of th
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 07:48:00 -0500
David wrote:

DD>d of the road?

DD>Hello my friends and others,

DD>Something is deeply disturbing me (as if I could ever be more disturbed
DD>than I already was and still walk free). The number of available
DD>"solid" condition MGs available presently. I know not all people live,
DD>eat, breath and dream MG like I do but some is wrong. Right now I know
DD>were 3 or 4 are for under $1,500 dollars. If I were in the market for
DD>another I'd know where more are. Maybe I've gotten to close to it and
DD>need to step back but it seem there is a lack of interest. I'm talking
DD>general public here. Perhaps we need to launch a campagn to educate the
DD>public about the rewards that can be reaped from ownership of these
DD>cars. I talking about the feeling of pride one can achieve by being
DD>able to tackle repairs, that feeling that you get when the guy the car
DD>next to you gives you "thumbs up". Most people wash their cars because
DD>they are dirty, not me, I wash my car because I want to wash my car.

 You want to increase public awareness ? That's easy, and fun, I'll tell
ya why. I got ahold of a 65 midget in November 95, I spent winter and
spring getting this car to look and run "OK". ( all I wanted was a
convertible, I didn't care what it was ) Boy was I suprised when I
started to drive this thing around last summer. ( and I drove it
everywhere ) EVERYONE was looking at the car, or so my 10 yr. old
daughter said. I wasn't paying much attention, I was having too much fun
driving it, but Erica was right !
 So.. you want to increase " Public awareness " ? Get out and DRIVE your
cars ! Let people see them, compared to the Faceless Clones that the
automakers are putting out ( Was that a Ford Probe, or a Pontiac Grand
AM, I can't tell) These cars DO have class AND style. They are special
because we care about them, and if everyone sees us out havin' fun in
them, it'll make an impression, just like a TV comercial.
 Haing a $10,000,000 bill in your pocket won't do you any good until
you take it out, just like a pretty woman it your house, ( or good
lookin' guys for you ladies ) or an LBC in your garage. Take ALL of them
out and enjoy yourself. Others will be watching ! And you'll be having
fun !

65 Midget
71 Midget

John
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

  |_|_| PC-OHIO PCBoard MetaWorlds * www.pcohio.com * 216-381-3320
  |_|_|   * Combining the Best BBS & the Web in Cleveland, Ohio *