Re: discoloration of rubber bumpers

To: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: discoloration of rubber bumpers
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 97 15:57:48 GMT
> Paul,
>
> I was just about to suggest the same thing!  I was reading the
> Haynes car
> detailing book a couple of weeks ago while my wife was looking for
> nursing
> books at our favorite book store, and ir recommends the eact same
> procedure
> only they recommend using a sponge and placing the car out of direct
> sunlight!  Don't know about the sun thing since you have experieince
> with
> this and I don't (chrome bumpers and painted bumpers on the family
> car) but
> thought I would pass it on.
>
> Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
> http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca

Hi Ross,

I tried it after reading about it, and the writer suggested taking both
bumpers off and putting them out in the sun to dry the Armorall.  I
couldn't be bothered, so one of mine (front) was done in full sunlight
and the other (back, strangely enough) in shade.  They both dried off OK,
the front a little bit quicker, and they both buffed up to the same
shine.  The back has lasted longer so you may have a point.  But to be
fair, the front gets all the driven rain and salt, and full sunlight when
parked at home, at least.

Cheers,

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)