Re: Has anyone...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Has anyone...
From: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 19:01:14 -0500
> got a source for MGC brake master cylinders? Well at a price a normal human
> can afford! Called VB they have one instock for a princely sum of $528. The
> PO of the car had the cylinder rebuilt (localy) but it lasted just long
> enough for me to get the car home. It sticks and leaks nicely.

If it's sticking that's actually a good sign.  Means somethings is
probably stuck on the walls, as oppossed tobeing badly etched and
leaking which would give no sticking pedal action.  You might be able to
re-rebuild it correctly this time.

You can get it resleeved and rebuilt in stainless for about $120 from
Appel.  Which beats the heck out of that $528 price, and will last far
longer to boot.