Re: end of the road

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: end of the road
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J Pokrefke)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:27:17 EST
A lot has been said about the younger generation and LBC's, none of which
has been particuarly positive.  As a member of the younger generation of
LBC enthusiast, my problem lies with the has-beens of the British Sports
Car era who refuse to part with their unused LBC'c.

My LBC affection started with my best friend's Dad's 196? Austin-Healey
Sprite.  As long as I have known my friend, this car has been sitting in
the garage collecting dust.  One day, his Dad fired it up and let Steve
and I take it out.  What fun that car was!  I drove around for about 2
hours with a huge grin on my face.  I was hooked.

When it came time for me to buy my own LBC, I offered a fair sum to
Steve's dad.  He didn't want to sell it because he "wanted to fix it up
some day".  That was 7 years ago.  Now the car sits outside w/o a tarp
collecting rain and rust.  He is still waiting, but by the time he gets
in gear, the car will be rusted out.

What a crime.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB