Re: Air quality - was Re: What year is the car?

To: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air quality - was Re: What year is the car?
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:59:39 -0500
At 05:24 PM 1/31/97 -0800, pbailey wrote:
>Not to mentiom if an electric car gets in a really bad accident and all
>the batteries crack and spill acid all over the highway they will have
>to shut down the freeway and call a hazmat team block traffic (causing
>even more pollution idling )this is just another rediculous idea that
>the ^^%$@# feds have come up with...Pat

The feds? I thought it was the state of California that has mandated a
certain % of cars be  powered by alternate fuels by a certain year. Onward
states rights! Politicians can make terrific decisions at any level. Maybe
Orange County California should be the model for government investment.

Lets stop blaming liberals, conservatives, the feds, whatever, and debate
the problems. Our biggest problem today and in the recent past is to blame
unknown and sometimes known politicians and bureaucrats, which takes the
focus away from talking intelligently about the problem.

Of course the remarks about battery spill is a problem, and whatever we do
to advance technology, there always seems to be a price to pay. But please
lets talk about the problems we have a car enthusiasts, and the special
problem of being old car enthusiast.

These remarks are not directed at Pat, as I agree with his observation, I
just want to focus on the problem.

Mike