Air quality - was Re: What year is the car?

To: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Subject: Air quality - was Re: What year is the car?
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:26:42 -0800
nolan penney wrote:

> I'm an air quality engineer for the state of Maryland.  That's not to
> brag, but to let you know I'm one of those government weenies you'd be
> speaking to if you were to call and ask this question of your ever
> helpfull and friendly government.  I don't know all the laws, none of
> you own state specific regulations, and have been known to be wrong a
> time or two.  But I do know a fair bit of the official speak of this
> stuff.

Welcome aboard the list. We have had a lot of discussion on the MG list,
in the clubs and in the mags about the emission regs and impact on the
car hobby. I'm sure you'll see more questions on the issue now that
there is a true guru on board. We have had a lot of horror stories here
in California. For our state regs, the guideline seems to be, don't own
a post 1965 car.

I suppose we'll all have to change our Netiquette now about blasting our
state and US Gummint bureaucrats!

Cheers,

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA