Arnolt heaters for T-Series MGs

To: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Subject: Arnolt heaters for T-Series MGs
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:32:49 -0800
Geoff Love wrote:

> Ed & Kris Curtis wrote:
> >
> > I have followed with interest the tread on electric heaters for MGs.  I
> > have recently aquired a heater that was made in the USA for installation

> > Questions:  How were they mounted inside the car?  The one I have came
> > with an adapter to take fluid off the back plate of the engine.  Is this
> > useful?  How good were the heaters at warminf the car?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ed Curtis
> > TF1500
>
> Ed:  They are mounted with attachment brackets from the rear of the
> toolbox beneath the scuttle and over the gearbox.  For best fluid flow
> in a TF, where the radiator is a pressurised one, the proper connections
> should be made either side of the thermostat housing on the cylinder
> head.  This will give you an extremely hot flow of water through the
> unit, and will warm the cockpit fairly well.
>
> Geoff Love, The English Connection

I have an excellent copy of the catalog for Arnolt accessories. If
enough people need the info and pictures, I would consider scanning the
heater and or other pages. I also have a couple of sheets on Shorrock
superchargers which Arnolt distributed for a while. Also, there was a
special adapter which fit into the bypass hose which served the purpose
Geoff is talking about. I think I have a sample available for borrowing
so you can have one made, it's easy, I've made at least a dozen for
various customers.    Jarl