Re: air compressor lines

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: air compressor lines
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:34:49 -0800
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 11:23:17 -0800
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
To: John Steunenberg <steuny@nornet.on.ca>

John Steunenberg wrote:

  I have heard some talk
> about pvc lines or metal pipe does anyone know anything about this setup who
> could give the basic of the advantages and problems any help would be
>appreciated.

FWIW, I built my "home" shop about 15 years ago. I used PVC pipe to run
a line from my garage (where the compressor lives) to the (separate)
shop building and throughout the shop - which is 96 feet long - plus
various "drops" to outlets. The ONLY problem I've had came after about 5
years, a coupling slowly came unglued and pushed apart, surely my own
fault. I used schedule 40 and run my max pressure setting at 110 PSI.
The only worry I've considered lately is whether the water that collects
occasionally in the lowest part of the outside pipe might freeze and
crack the pipe, but then, our min. temp. is around 26 degrees...
Jarl