Re: New Camshaft

To: Philip M Haines <elkhart@juno.com>
Subject: Re: New Camshaft
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 21:07:59 -0500
Philip M Haines wrote:

> This may seem a bit elementary, but I didn't see this advice
> in the discussions:  Get a good one that won't wear quickly,
> maybe a "Crane".
>
> Just plain Phil
j.p. phil, it's not elementary, but most of the time the cam wear is not
dictated by the manufacturer, but by break-in procedure.  the first 5
minutes and the first 25 minutes of cam life are the most critical..
this requires good pre-lube, correct startup procedures and several
other simple, basic but needed steps.  ted schumacher, ts imported
automotive, pandora, oh 800/543-6648; 419/384-3272 fax. thanks, ted