Re: Value at the end of the road.

To: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Value at the end of the road.
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 97 16:58:23 GMT
> LBC's are not rare enough to join the Bugattis as objects of art.

Fortunately not all Bugattis are treated as works of art or museum
pieces.  One of our annual 'musts' is a trip through the Cotswolds to
the Bugatti Owners Club Classic Hill Climb where one can see many
Bugatti owners throwing their cars at the hill, with its banks, drops
and trees.  The 'piece of resistance' is John Marks Type 55, for me
the most beautiful car in the world.  One of about only sixteen ever
made, the last time one changed hands about 8 million Sterling went
the other way.  Some GP cars are trailered in but most are driven by
their owners to the circuit.  Generally the saloons don't compete but
instead join the Bugatti cavalcade at lunch time, sometimes taking
spectators for rides (sedate) up the hill.  Some cars under
restoration are trailered in, giving the opportunity to see what's
under the skin.

The Schlumpf Collection in France is a staggering sight, but mainly
for the number, variety and quality of Bugattis on display.  For me,
driving them is what it's all about.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)