Re: need speedometer wire/gear help 69b

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: need speedometer wire/gear help 69b
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@west.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 21:02:53 -0800
If you have cable movement all the way to the speedo, there is not much
left except to pull the speedo head.  It is unusual for the speedo
section to jam since it is magnetic.  But the odometer is mechanical.
Pushing the reset button whilst moving can sometimes jam an aged
mechanism.  At that point the only thing to do is get the unit rebuilt
or exchanged for good used.  If you wish to find a used unit, make sure
that you match the number which is on the edge of the face.  Should be
SN----/--.  This denotes the gear ratio.  The units all look alike but
change from year to year, and OD vs std.  You can check a used unit by
making up a drive that will fit in a reversible drill.  A file and a
nail will work if you don't have a bit of old speedo cable.  Worst case,
e-mail me the SN number and I will see if I have a good used unit here.

Kelvin.

lots o' B parts too!