Re: Laissez les bon temps roulez [No LBC content]

To: "Thomas J Pokrefke" <thomas_pokrefke@juno.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Laissez les bon temps roulez [No LBC content]
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 08:24:37 -0500
> We got to the Murder Capital of the World and immediately felt
> ill-at-ease.  We were  out of our element.  Homeless people, beggars, and
> freaks abounded everywhere.  Jim postulated that perhaps we had fulfilled
> our requirements and now was a good time to turn back, before we
> collected a souveneir bullet hole.

Why did you go to New Orleans to see that, you could have gone to your
local High School.  You local HS surely has beggars and freaks, and if not
homeless people than they have people that look like homeless people.  At
my neighborhood HS school you can walk 500 yards and end up in the middle
of Crack City (Thank goodness that I live like 10 miles from it).  I am
serious, the Police have raided the area about 5 times in the past 6
months.  I am talking full scale raid, helicopters and everything.  They
don't even print it in the newspaper anymore, because people always get
arrested on a daily basis.  And just so no one can say I didn't use MGs in
this email I will now.  "I will never drive my MG thru that area, unless I
am moving at 105 mph and in OD."

Oh, I also saw a GTO next to an MG at my school and it was cool looking at
the differences.  The GTO has like 290 more CI than the MG and it just
didn't look as nice as an MG.  None of the kids at my School have an
Interest in European cars.  The cool thing is retro-muscle cars and
Japanese things that have 2000 watt systems and are chromed out to the max.

I took 4 years of French and I haven't learned a thing.  I did right a 15
page report on my MG last year.  It was rather interesting and it was all
in French.  I'll have to go dig it up out of my Mom's file cabinet.

Regards,

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com
1966 MGB -- http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg/mg.htm

Webmaster -- webking@bigfoot.com