Re: Laissez les bon temps roulez [No LBC content]

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>,
Subject: Re: Laissez les bon temps roulez [No LBC content]
From: "Jim Clark" <jimclrk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 23:45:45 -0600

----------
> From: Kai  Radicke <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
> To: Thomas J Pokrefke <thomas_pokrefke@juno.com>; mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Laissez les bon temps roulez [No LBC content]
> Date: Saturday, February 08, 1997 7:24 AM
>
> > We got to the Murder Capital of the World and immediately felt
> > ill-at-ease.  We were  out of our element.  Homeless people, beggars,
and
> > freaks abounded everywhere.  Jim postulated that perhaps we had
fulfilled
> > our requirements and now was a good time to turn back, before we
> > collected a souveneir bullet hole.

I have lived in New Orleans in all my life. You were really in the wrong
part of town. The murder rate here is mostly related to drugs and happens
in the projects. The rate is dropping slowly. During the 8 days of the
Superbowl not one murder some kind of a record. You must have been in the
French quarter to see all the homeless and beggars who BTW are not from New
Orleans. We are proud of our freaks. New Orleans has a active British car
club and to my knowledge none of the cars or the members have bullet holes
in them. If I had known you were coming I would of taken for a sail on the
lake and showed  you where to get some great food cheap. I feel bad that
you felt so ill at ease as this is not what we want a guest in the Big Easy
to feel.

Jim